Smokey Eyes for Beginner|Smokey Eyes Guide|Smokey Eyes Tutorial
The craze behind smokey eyes never seems to end. This eye makeup has been around as far as ancient Egypt & Persian empire, heavy eyeliners were adorn by men and women alike. However back in the day the use was to protect themselves from eye infections and ward of the evil rather than to accentuate the eyes. Even after a cut crease trending at the moment the rage about smokey eyes will never end. It is also corrective makeup for some eye shapes. It helps to make eyes look almond shaped if done well. A smokey eye makes eyes look bold and striking at a glance. Before going ahead with the steps one needs to understand the meaning of smokey eyes first.
Smokey is not Black
One of the most common misconceptions is that people related it to black grungy eyes. Smokey is not black always. Smokey eye can be in any color as long as it goes from dark near the lash line to light on the upper crease area. A gradient effect is what is sought after in a smokey eyes. Using black shadow all over eyelids is not smokey. It actually gives a very harsh look. smoky comes in a variety of colors ranging from black, brown, green, blue whatever one wishes . Smokey is the effect that is being created and not black. A smoke like effect is created on the eyes. A brown smokey eyes is more appropriate for day the look. Colored smokey eyes will brighten up any of your boring outfits and catch attention.
Ingredient Mix (products required):
Instructions to Follow:
- Start with eyeshadow base and clean all the discoloration the lids
- Use a gel liner and draw a line as close to lash line as possible (it does not has to straight and precise line)
- Blend the gel liner up onto the lid as quickly as possible
- Take light brown matte shadow (closest to skin tone) on a blending brush and apply onto the crease.
- Take the dark brown matte shadow on the same brush and intensify the crease
- Use a flat shader brush and pack the black shadow on the lid and al over the smudged gel liner.
- Blend the black and brown eyeshadow till no harsh lines appear.
- Highlight the inner corner and brow bone.
- Line the lower waterline and lash line with black pencil.
- Smudge it using the dark brown shadow.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara and you are done.
we hope that this was helpful for you to understand a smokey eyes and you will create your smokey eyes with ease. Remember smokey is not always black. Have well groomed brows to complete your eye look. Pair with a bold lip or a nude look you are surly going to make a statement with your eyes.
also read: eyebrows on fleek